[PLUG] Help me help a hapless WinXP user

Michael M. nixlists at writemoore.net
Fri Apr 14 02:58:35 UTC 2006

Dale F. Victor wrote:
> Hello!
>
> If my memory is correct Windows XP Pro has the ability to remotely hook up to
> another computer and allow the remote person to do things to that computer
> just like they were sitting in front of it. If this is true which I am pretty
> sure it is - I saw it demonstrated on "The Screensavers some years ago - then
> you could get control of the computer and use the ftp client on that computer
> to transfer the files to it. Of course you would have to have the files on a
> server somewhere.

I think you're correct, but that is Windows XP Pro.  He has Window XP Home.

Definitions:
Windows XP Professional:  A crippled computer operation system.
Windows XP Home:  A crippled version of Windows XP Professional.

I've been too busy with an illness in the family to do get anywhere with
this right now, but I'll look into the possibilities people have
suggested as soon as I can.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." --S. Jackson