[PLUG] Interesting Samba problem

David Fleck david.fleck at mchsi.com
Fri Apr 14 12:19:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Adrienne J Davis wrote:
> I initially thought a shell script but that won't work because when the source
> code file is written to the archive library as read-only.  If it can't be
> done, it can't be done and they'll have to continue transferring their source
> code files as binary but I'd like for them to not have to do so.

It seems the two places in the process that would be easiest to work with
are before/at checkin and before/at build.  Would it be possible to add a
precommit script that does the EOL conversion?  CVS allows this, I assume
other SCM tools do as well. Or add a convert script as a precursor to
make?  I've taken this route several times.

--
David Fleck
david.fleck at mchsi.com