[PLUG] logwatch report user account has expired

Josh josh at emediatedesigns.com
Tue Apr 18 09:54:26 UTC 2006

Hello and happy post Easter to all.

In my quest to build a new server I noticed I stopped receiving emails
from logwatch.  Hmm, was the cron not working?  So, I went off and ran
the script in the /etc/cron.daily and it reports many lines of:

crond[14463]: User account has expired

Then continues with other information. I think I either have permissions
wrong or the users accounts that I need not to expire have. I have been
searching about the net and my dusty mind to find an answer but no
avail. I'm looking for a way to tell the status of a user account? Is it
expired? I have yet to find a simple way. Or is this really the problem?
Perhaps it is something more basic. It appears that my cron jobs are not
running. Still confirming this but at least logwatch is complaining
about expired accounts.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks,

Josh