[PLUG] Mounting Phone

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Apr 18 20:42:11 UTC 2006

JJJ> usb 1-2: configuration #1 chosen from 2 choices cdc_acm 1-2:1.0:
JJJ> ttyACM0: USB ACM device

Eric> If it were a mass-storage device, the above would say something
Eric> about /dev/sda or otherwise mention blocks and/or storage.

Eric> This is a "USB ACM" device.  I haven't got a clue what that
Eric> means, but I'm guessing konqueror 'gg:usb acm linux razr' may
Eric> shed some light on the subject.  The ttyACM0 implies that you
Eric> (or a program on your behalf) will be having something like a
Eric> serial (one at a time please) discussion with mr phone involving
Eric> some sort of protocol that expresses "may I please have the ..."
Eric> in a vocabulary appropriate to the intellect of a device
Eric> slightly smarter than a bag of hammers.

There is a program that will talk to the RAZR.  I haven't made it work
for me yet, but I haven't been very motivated.  Hmm.  Let me dig
... moto4lin, i think it's called.  Google should lead you in the
right direction.

seniorr at aracnet.com