[PLUG] Open Virtual Servers at Advanced Topics, Tuesday

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Apr 19 04:31:24 UTC 2006

I want to thank the folks that listened attentively to my presentation
on Offsite Virtual Servers at the Advanced Topics meeting monday night.
The feedback helped me build my presentation from Linuxfest.  I set up
a page ( http://www.keithl.com/offsite.html ) that links to the monday
presentation, the current version of the presentation, and a wiki for
more information.

Based on the feedback, I put the presentation on Weight Watchers.  I
still have some slides to consolidate, and some slides to add, and a
script to memorize then ignore.

BTW, someone asked about the fixed memory and disk areas of UML and Xen,
and why those could not be adjusted dynamically.  While there are good
reasons to make these areas fixed, those wanting to get very last drop
of usage out of their host machine might consider OpenVZ, discussed
today on Slashdot:

   http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/04/18/1933250

Keith