[PLUG] konqueror web shortcuts

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 06:38:53 UTC 2006

# from John Jason Jordan
# on Tuesday 18 April 2006 11:21 pm:

>what does the "gg" do in "gg:usb acm linux razr"? I ask because in
> Konqueror I opened a new location popup window and pasted that line
> in. Konqueror announced "gg is not a supported protocol."

Hmm.  Must be only out-of-the-(debian)-box.  It's a shortcut for google.

Settings->Configure Konqueror, scroll down to "web shortcuts" and add
something like the following as "wp"

  "http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?search=\{@}&go=Go"

You might only have to check the "enable" box.  the \{@} gets replaced
with whatever comes after the wp:

I bet it's there, but just in case:

  "http://www.google.com/search?q=\{@}&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8"

Then there's the "shortcut" field, which can have whatever separated by
commas.  Mine says "gg,google", but should maybe just say "g" because
life is short.

--Eric
--
Minimum wage help gives you minimum service.
--David Schomer