[PLUG] Getting into MS Access Database

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 20 02:54:21 UTC 2006

I need to get into this database:

http://www.spiritone.com/~mcrobins/mark/oldenglish/wendere.htm

I have OO.o 1.93.129, which is supposed to be able to connect to MS Access databases (I can do it with OO.o on a Windows computer), but on my Linux computer it keeps bitching that libodbc.so.1 is not available or corrupted. I do have this file in /usr/lib, and I made a copy in /usr/lib/openoffice2, but to no avail. Can't find any documentation about where this file is supposed to be or where it came from.

I don't give a rat's patootie what format I can get this in, although OO.o Base format would probably be easiest to deal with. Ultimately I want to merge the data into an OO.o Writer document and print it out. Can anyone suggest a good open source solution for getting into MS Access database files?