[PLUG] XFS experiences

Eli Stair eli.stair at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 21:13:48 UTC 2006

BTW, if you're looking almost exclusively for lazy-write/short-lived
small file optimizations, I've hacked that up with ext3 succesfully.
Once you have a large & fast external journal device on disks (raid10)
_separate_ from your main filesystem array, you use that for all your
filesystem writes first (data=journal).  Inline with that, setting a
very large journal flush period enables short-lived files to be kept
off of your main array... and all that IO directed at the disk doesn't
affect read performance until it does a large batch write of long-term
data (MUCH better than sporadic small writes).

/eli