[PLUG] Copying Hard Disk to Hard Disk

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Fri Apr 21 21:16:31 UTC 2006

jeffw at pdxlug.org wrote:
> Sounds like the problem has been solved.

Actually, it's been postponed. I got too busy and the current situation
is stable enough for my wife to continue working.

When I tried putting the 4GB drive back as the boot device, it failed.
When I run Knoppix on the machine I can access all the data on both the
4GB drive and the 13GB drive. So now, the machine is booting from the
13GB drive, but thinks it's just got 4GB. Some day...

The 4GB drive is getting pretty old. It's a Quantum Bigfoot from back
around 1995. It's the drive that came with Win95 installed on my old NEC
(really Packard/Bell) 200MHz machine. The rest of the machine is working
just fine with a larger hard drive and is the server I have running RH
7.0 in the basement.

So, thanks to all for the advice. I hope to find some spare time to
fiddle with the equipment one of these days.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens