[PLUG] yousendit ftp site

Ali Corbin ali.corbin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 22:36:33 UTC 2006

On 4/22/06, Richard C. Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net> wrote:
> m0gely wrote:
> > Richard C. Steffens wrote:
> >
> >> I'm looking for a solution, since their e-mail services limit
> >> attachments to 10MB or less.
> >

> > gmail?  I have invites if you need them
>
> Looks like gmail has a 10MB limit, which seems to be fairly common in
> e-mail services.
>
> --

Another possibility is to use googlepages, which has a 100MB total limit.

If they're shipping files in both directions, then they will have to
share the account.  If the files are only going in one direction, then
the originator can use the account to upload the files, and the other
can simply download them from the web.  (Warning:  I haven't actually
tried uploading big files to googlepages, so I can't guarentee that
they'll make it in one piece.  The largest one that I've put up there
is about 120k.)

I believe that googlepages accounts are currently only available to
people who have gmail accounts.  But gmail accounts are now wide open
- everyone with a current account has an obscene number of
automatically regenerating invites.  And if you have a cellphone, then
you can sign up without an invite.

Ali