[PLUG] Browser Blues - ALMOST Resolved

Michael M. nixlists at writemoore.net
Sun Apr 23 06:22:06 UTC 2006

Thanks ... it's much rougher to deal with than I expected, but I guess I
didn't really have any particular idea of what to expect.  Turns out you
really can't prepare for things like this, however apparent it is that
it's going to happen in the not-too-distant future.

I'll make a separate post about the IPv6 thing.  I didn't mean to sound
all mysterious, I've just not had time or inclination to deal with these
things recently.  And I don't know how helpful it will be anyway.  But I
could use some distractions now!

Bruce Kilpatrick wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I am very sorry to hear about your loss.  I spent all last week with
> my sister who is going through a rough time with family issues.
> I am about ready to buy or build a couple of computers and am anxious
> to have a box that I can test drive some different distributions on.
> Ubuntu has been solid for me, but I am curious.
>
> Bruce
>
> Michael M. wrote:
>
>> That's good.  Last week I made an inadvertent discovery about my IPv6
>> problems on Debian that may have some bearing on why I had
>> Debian/Ubuntu issues but no issues with Arch Linux.  But I haven't
>> had time to look into it further as this has been a very bad week.
>> My mom died a few days ago, so I'm not paying much attention to
>> computer stuff right now and am way behind on email and, well,
>> everything else.
>>
>> Bruce Kilpatrick wrote:
>>
>>> Wow!
>>> I finally had a little time to sit down and give this suggestion a
>>> try.  Edited the file, rebooted the computer, and Firefox is running
>>> as fast as I have seen.  We will see if this continues or if it is a
>>> fluke for the night.
>>>
>>> Bruce

Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." --S. Jackson