[PLUG] Firefox-1.5.x Does Not Play Nicely With Other Applications

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 25 13:06:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Ali Corbin wrote:

> It works fine for me.

   Sigh. Of course. :-)

> I have had the problem, every time I upgrade firefox, that
> middlemouse.contentLoadURL will get set back to the default of 'false', and
> I have to go back to about:config to fix it.

   All the middlemice are at default and true.

> But normal copy-n-paste _is_ the default behavior, and I don't see why
> firefox would change it on you (it didn't change for me, when I upgraded).

   It was the default before, Ali. That's why I'm at a loss to figure out why
it stopped working.

   How about running PostScript files from a printed Web page through
pstotext? Does that work for you, too?

Thanks,

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.             |  Quantifying subjectivity for the
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM)  |  benefit of business and society.