[PLUG] Mounting Phone

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Apr 25 21:01:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:30:02 -0700
"Richard C. Steffens" <rsteff at comcast.net> dijo:

> > At the Clinc (with help from Keith) we determined that there is a
> > bug in the download file and it cannot be installed. Screw it.
>
> Bummer. I went to the Motorola web site the other day and saw (I think
> in the RAZR phone accessories section) a cable that comes with software
> for $35 or so. Naturally, it's for Windows. Hopefully this phone will be
> popular enough for someone who knows how, to fix the moto4lin problem.

Don't buy the cable from Motorola. They want $25 for it. It's just a standard USB to mini-B cable. Fry's has them for $10-11 or so, and doubtless you can find one even cheaper. You may already have one if you own other snall USB devces -- my digi camera and my 60 Gb pocket drive both came with one.

The cable is actually useful even if we can't get the software to work. That's because if you plug it into your computer it will charge the phone's battery off the USB port. I've found that kind of handy.