[PLUG] Blackberry with Linux?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Apr 26 19:54:07 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 12:11 -0700, Kurt Sussman wrote:

> I can justify a certain amount of money for features, but I have most of
> the important features with the phone I currently use. I can save about
> $50/month by putting a couple of accounts together and I can get a new
> phone from Amazon along the way. I can't justify $600 for a Treo but I
> can justify $100 for the new crackberry.

Hrm, mine will only be ~$200 when I actually get around to sending in my
rebate, after renewing my agreement with Verizon.  I wouldn't be able to
justify $600 for it either.

I don't know about any bugs with the 650; mine has been reasonably
solid, aside from problems with a few applications I used on my PalmOS
3.x, none of which were actually important.

The only thing I'm kinda bummed about is that the SD wifi card is not
supported, even though there have been promises of support in the near
future for a long time.  OTOH, I'm not sure if I'd actually shell out
$100 for a wifi card for a phone; I sure as hell won't pay what Verizon
charges for data service either.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc>