[PLUG] Volunteer HS tutors?

John Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Apr 27 06:00:02 UTC 2006

On 26 Apr 2006, at 21:04, Denis Heidtmann wrote:

> Any body here interested in tutoring high school students?

There are thousands of youth in this city who need tutoring in all
kinds of things. You have no idea how big the need is. I am tutoring
a 14-year old Guatemalan student who is working on learning
English, speaks Spanish and a native Guatemalan language, and
can't read or write in any of them. Smart as a whip but so
educationally disadvantaged that the local school system can't
deal with him.

But this is OT for PLUG list, so I'll shut up now. Just go do
something for the next generation.