[PLUG] CPU test software needed

Kris krisa at subtend.net
Sat Apr 29 11:07:29 UTC 2006

m0gely wrote:
> I am in need of some (Intel) CPU testing software, similar in idea to
> what memtest does for memory.  The googling I've done leads me to
> endless no-name shareware products.  I've never had to test for this
> problem before so I'm not sure what's available and reliable.  Can
> anyone offer some direction, or is a benchmark package the best bet?

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/redelm/

Running burnK7 on my AMD64-3000, I couldn't get it to go lower than 33C,
or higher than 47C.  The first jump from 33 to 40 was snappy.  Maybe you
could combine this with a kernel compile.

Sat Apr 29 03:58:51 PDT 2006
temperature:             33 C
Sat Apr 29 03:59:30 PDT 2006
temperature:             40 C