[PLUG] ADSL dslam...

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sat Apr 29 06:37:07 UTC 2006

I have a situation where there is a desire for telephone and network
connectivity in two buildings 200 feet apart.  I have a
wired/wireless ethernet between the buildings.

One possibility is doing a phoneline and running DSL on top of it.
Question is, does anyone offer an ADSL dslam that is cheap for a
single point to point link?  I don't need ADSL2, ADSL2+, SDSL, 24
ports, etc.

Is there an inexpensive way to feed a POTS signal through an IP network
and convert it back to POTS at a remote location?  I go from
100baseTX to 802.11b for my ip link.  I hear that 100baseTX lines
have a free pair that can carry POTS. If I can feed POTS over
802.11b wifi, I don't need to do DSL.

I have a Verizon modem and a netopia modem from CenturyTel that are
both ADSL capable.  What is the best way to cash in old DSL modems
that have no use?  Are there any local businesses that will take them?

Michael C. Robinson