[PLUG] Data exchange/transfer application?

Aaron Baer aaronb at personaltelco.net
Wed Aug 2 22:25:22 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 14:17 -0700, Wil Cooley wrote:

> The salient points here are:
>   o I don't care about the contents of the files, because those are
>     generated or processed by other systems, except for transformations
>     like encrypting, signing, gzipping.
>   o I don't care about triggering the jobs; that's also external.
>   o Notifications, transfers, and standard transformations are critical.
>   o All the tools necessary to do this are available--sundry scripting
>     languages, ftp/sftp/pgp/gpg/gzip clients, etc., but the tools alone
>     are not the whole task.

In the Commercial Enterprise non-opensource sort of world you're talking
about something like Tidal Enterprise Scheduler right?

http://www.tidalsoftware.com/products/products_TES_Overview.asp

Although the site sucks and it's all marketing speak and there are no
screen shots of the actual product. You're looking for something similar
in the Open Source world?

A-

--
----