[PLUG] Data exchange/transfer application?

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Aug 3 00:08:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 03:59:28PM -0700, Wil Cooley wrote:
> I wonder if it's a problem that's too easily solved in the simple
> cases for anyone to have bothered solving it in the bigger?  When I
> say bigger, I'm talking about 200+ configured transfers, which is why
> a pile of shell scripts around wget, scp, etc are no longer adequate.

Exactly.  I still don't understand what about your problem wouldn't be
trivial to handle with common shell tools, and a simple tabular file of
file-transfer specs.

On an unrelated note, I'm typing this from one of the new Ubuntu Dapper
workstations in PSU's Intel Lab.  I'm just peeved that they waited 'til
I was nearly done with my degree.

Mixed blessings,
  Aaron