[PLUG] Any tools for visualizing physical memory layout?

eehouse eehouse at eehouse.org
Thu Aug 3 20:12:43 UTC 2006

I'm trying to educate myself on how the physical memory in my
(swapless; it's a WRAP box with a CF card for storage) linux router is
used.  It has 128 meg of RAM and is running a 2.4 kernel.  I'd like to
know how the 128M is allocated: how many pages by each process, within
the process how many are used to map libraries into memory, etc.

I'm happy to hack something into the proc filesystem if I have to but
it seems somebody must have done this before.  Any ideas or pointers?

Thanks,

--Eric