[PLUG] Fedora Core 5 errors...

Steve D... blitters at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 16:27:47 UTC 2006

On 8/6/06, plug_0 at robinson-west.com <plug_0 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> I've decided to work on picking up Fedora Core 5.  Like Fedora Core 3, every
> disc other than the first cd fail the disc test.  Is this normal if you don't
> go the DVD route?  Has one who burned the cds for Fedora Core 5 gotten all
> 5 to pass the media test?

  It depends on which machine I use.  My Linux boxen has trouble
burning FC5 CD's that will pass the installation check.  My Linux and
XP laptops both produce FC5 CD's without a problem.

  I suspect the CD writer in the first box is bad.  It reads CD's and
DVD's OK, but appears to have a problem writing.  I'm going to replace
the drive one of these days.

Steve D...

--
He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned
my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake,