[PLUG] Insight Needed from Professional Coders

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Aug 7 17:18:54 UTC 2006

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Auke Kok wrote:

> well, if you run `ldd /usr/bin/jpilot` you'd probably see it pull in about
> 200 libraries. My guess is that some gtk+ related library is mucking about
> too, and glib-2 comes to mind immediately. Other than putting traps and
> debugging the whole thing, I would see if downgrading that helps. You
> should have at least the same glib2 version as the gtk+-2 version
> installed.

Auke,

   It's no where near 200 libraries, but there are about 50. It's finding
glib-2, which does not track the gtk+2 version numbers. glib2-2.8.6 from the
freerock gnome project is installed, and jpilot is finding that library
without difficulties. Running ldd shows nothing unresolved.

   This is a particularly frustrating error to find and fix as I've not had
problems with jpilot since Judd first released it a number of years ago. I'm
sure it will turn out to be some simple missing package, but I've no idea
which one.

   I've asked for ideas on the jpilot mail list, too.

Many thanks,