[PLUG] Cat-6 keystone jacks in Portland

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Wed Aug 9 00:40:37 UTC 2006

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> I need about 30 of them. Anyone know where I can get them in Portland?
> Preferably somplace cheap, because those little suckers eat money.

Have you tried Cat5e jacks?  I just wired an entire building with Cat6
and used the 5e jacks (they sent the wrong jacks in the shipment).  Even
though Cat6 wire is thicker I had no trouble.  AFAIK, the only part of
the jack that makes it Cat6 is the larger diameter holes, and the way
the holes are offset to make them still fit in that small space.  I
believe Fry's does have Cat6 jacks but I am unsure of brand and you will
pay dearly there.

--
- m0gely