[PLUG] Cat-6 keystone jacks in Portland

m0gely m0gely at telestream.com
Thu Aug 10 14:55:51 UTC 2006

John Jason Jordan wrote:

> For some reason that did it. My annoyance escalated to a high level of
> pissedoffitude. "Fine," I said. "It appears I am going to have to go to
> PC Heidens to get the cable I need. Since their prices on everything
> else I have in the basket here are a bit lower, I won't be needing any
> of the rest of these things." Whereupon I turned and walked out.

The thing about Fry's is, you only go there if you have no other
alternative.  Once that is firmly in your head, the attitude (aptitude?)
of most of the employees there is working against you.  Get in, get out.

I've had to go to that store on numerous occasions and not a single time
can I remember anyone asking me for help.  And back where the hard
drives are they have that little podium where one person sits like
they're on a freaking throne and refuses to do anything for you to help
outside of delegating you to the next available floor jocky.  They will
sit there and do nothing right in front of you without making any eye
contact that might sow a seed of guilt for being like they are.  I've
waited for 10 minutes for a floor guy to ask me for help, only to turn
around and check inventory on the computer right next to
said-king-on-throne and give me my pick up slip.  I honestly can't
understand these people.  Is it the Fry's management that searches these
people out?  Or is this just what happens to you when work there for
more than a day?

--
- m0gely