[PLUG] Recommended Reading for Home Networking Cable Install?

Steve Bonds 1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com
Fri Aug 11 00:07:03 UTC 2006

On 8/10/06, Paul Mullen pm-at-nellump.net |PDX Linux|
<...> wrote:
> All this talk of wiring up a private residence with Ethernet cable,
> etc. makes me realize how little I know about the procedure. Any
> pointers to good reading material regarding wiring up a home for
> low-voltage/networking?

I found this to offer excellent advice, and $10 isn't a bad price:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0376018062/ (Sunset books "Wiring
Home Networks")

Below is a nice complement to the above which gives more technical
detail on the wiring itself, and it's free:

http://www.levitonvoicedata.com/learning/documents/strategies.pdf

  -- Steve