[PLUG] Cat-6 keystone jacks in Portland

Lancashire, Pete plancashire at ci.portland.or.us
Fri Aug 11 19:47:21 UTC 2006

> sheetrock. In fact, all the holes I made in the studs are very large,
> so I could probably just use the Cat6 to pull new fiber in. Or
> whatever. Or I'll be dead. In fact, just finishing this wiring project
> may kill me.

i'm going to be rewiring a old but now minus all its sheetrock house
later this year. for LV i'm thinking about running flexible ENT conduit
to many of the destinations. The ENT may run into wireways that
then end into a small room dedicated to utilities.

checkout http://www.carlon.com/brochures/2f58.pdf

on those holes, be careful not too big

The diameter of drilled holes in studs should not exceed 40 percent of the
stud depth, and the minimum edge distance to the boundary of the hole shall
not be less than 5/8-inch. When studs are doubled, drilled holes should not
exceed 60 percent of the stud depth. Holes of maximum diameter should not
occur in more than two consecutive studs. Adjacent holes, or holes and
notches
should not occur in the same cross section. As an example, a 2x4 can have
a maximum hole of 1 3/8-inch or 2 inches if studs are doubled.