[PLUG] Recommended Reading for Home Networking Cable Install?

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Fri Aug 11 19:57:16 UTC 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 12:51:27PM -0700, User Iam wrote:

> It is only "slow", "insecure", and "unreliable" if you make it
> so.....

It's all very relative. Wireless (and by that I mean 802.11a/b/g) is
inarguably slower than fast/gigabit Ethernet. It will never be as
secure (regardless of any software-based security measures are used),
and in many environments the reliability (connection quality) is
spotty.

Bear in mind that many of us use our home networks for far more than
simply accessing the Internet.

--
Paul