[PLUG] Apache and mod_perl configuration

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Aug 15 19:16:40 UTC 2006

My adventure has me at "wit's end" ( whit's end?  Been too many years. )

I'm working on a application that use Catalyst and it is set up to use
mod_perl.

The problem I've run into is I can't get past mod_perl when accessing
static files ... *.js *.css with out placing the whole path in the XHTML.

For those not familiar with Catalyst the standard
installation/configuration places javascript, css, and ( static ) html
files directories in [/var/www/]root/static/.

The only way I've been able to get to them is to use the full path from
DocumentRoot.

DocumentRoot is set to /var/www/root/

But even with Aliases I have to use /static/css/site.css or
/static/js/site.js

I've tried reordering the declaration in httpd.conf, going from
<Directory> to <Location>, with and without trailing slashes; finally
arriving at wit's end.  ( The dragon looks pretty simple right now. )

All the documentation I've found for mod_perl helps with over-riding the
Apache default handlers but nothing on circumventing mod_perl -- which
is suppose to be the "default" behavior.  Go figure, eh?

Any suggestions, examples, clue-sticks?

Thanks,
Rod