[PLUG] For The SysAdmin Gurus

Daniel Hedlund daniel at digitree.org
Wed Aug 16 00:38:39 UTC 2006

Rich,

>   All right, already! I got it that libplds4.so isn't on the system.
> Neither
> is libxpcom.so. So, my first task is to find in which package those are
> located and install them.

It appears that most of the libraries you are missing (libplds4.so) are
part of the nspr (Netscape Portable Runtime) library:
"NSPR provides platform independence for non-GUI operating system
facilities. These facilities include threads, thread synchronization,
normal file and network I/O, interval timing and calendar time, basic
memory management (malloc and free) and shared library linking."
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/nspr/

The libxpcom.so library should be in Firefox's directory
(/usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.x/libxpcom.so) for me.  Because it's in the same
directory as the binary, it is detected by firefox-bin when started.

Daniel Hedlund
daniel at digitree.org