[PLUG] For The SysAdmin Gurus

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 16 00:44:33 UTC 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Well, for a start, some libraries are missing. Running 'ldd
> /usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin' produced a long list. All were resolved to the
> appropriate libraries except for these:
>
> 	libxpcom.so => not found
> 	libplds4.so => not found

   Turns out that these are both installed here, in both /usr/lib/firefox and
/usr/lib. However, the latter were broken soft links.

   I fixed that up, so 'ldd /usr/lib/firefox/firefox-bin' shows no missing or
unresolved libraries. But, the printing problem remains.

   We seem to be eliminating possibilties, and fixing broken links along the
way. I look forward to your next suggestion for me to check out.

Many thanks,