[PLUG] Recommended Reading for Home Networking Cable Install?

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 20:22:41 UTC 2006

On 8/15/06, plug_0 at robinson-west.com <plug_0 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> While wired networks are supposedly more secure than
> wireless ones, it's important to note that wire tapping can
> become a big time issue with copper cables.  You csn't wire tap
> a radio signal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a large part (if not virtually all)
of the concern about wireless networking preciesly because it's much
easier to intercept signals? Even if it does take some non-standard
equipment, you don't need physical access to anything (aside from
being within range of the signal, which I assume is largely a function
of how sensitive your listening gear is.)

--Rogan