[PLUG] existing colo/bandwidth co-ops in PDX?

GLL guy1656 at opusnet.com
Sat Aug 19 18:12:36 UTC 2006

: Are there any in PDX? I have some friends in the Bay involved with
: http://bandwagon.to/ and it seems like a good idea that would do well
: here, too.
:
: I might be up for *starting* one, but I'd much rather join an existing one
: :-)
:
: Thanks -- Andy

My wife and I were just thinking of that too. What about siting a co/lo in the
now-unused containment bldg out at Trojan? You keep the servers in the cool
and secure concrete eggshell, and you could have thin-client access from the
admin building (not radioactive) and keep the servers well locked-up and
guarded, not to mention a couple of rings of fencing and gates between the
servers and the outside world.

Backup/stby power would also be a total cinch.

Another nice impact would be that to the extent that competent staff could be
hired from the Scappoose, St. Helens, or Ranier, OR areas, it would trim down
a number of private cars these people are driving up & over Cornelius Pass
twice a day.

- Guy L.