[PLUG] Windows conspiracy theory...

Mike Neal miken at hotsushi.com
Sat Aug 19 20:36:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

As a full time instructor at PCC in the Computer Information Systems
department I too am frustrated by the Microsoft centric nature of computer
classes. Unfortunately, in this new era of tight budgets, we have to cancel
classes which do not come close to paying for themselves, typically when
enrollment is below 20 students. For whatever reason, CIS classes in Linux,
open source software and security are less popular than MS oriented classes
on similar topics.

I guess it might be more accurate to say more students ask for MS so that's
what we shove down their throat :-)

Trust me, when a scheduled Linux Networking class is cancelled due to lack
of students and I have to teach an MS class instead, it is distressing to
me, the students and the community

Anybody interested in a Computer Forensics class for network
administrators? I'm developing it now for Fall term and need more students...

Thanks,
Mike