[PLUG] Docs not local...

plug_0 at robinson-west.com plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Tue Aug 22 07:52:14 UTC 2006

Is anyone else concerned with the move to wikis and web based documentation,
especially for recent Linux distros such as Fedora Core 5, that local
documentation will be increasingly treated as a thing of the past?  I need
to know how to compile custom kernels to boot Fedora Core 3 and 5 NFS root.
There used to be a kernel-source package, but now things have dramatically
changed leaving me very confused.  I don't understand in Core 5 what the note
that an initial ramdisk is required now means.  Information doesn't need to be
on the web, it needs to be in my hands thank you.  This is especially true if
I'm unfortunate enough to find myself offline or trying to support an older
Fedora Core system that the web has lost interest in...

Michael C. Robinson