[PLUG] Docs not local...

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 17:07:29 UTC 2006

On 8/22/06, plug_0 at robinson-west.com <plug_0 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else concerned with the move to wikis and web based documentation,
> especially for recent Linux distros such as Fedora Core 5, that local
> documentation will be increasingly treated as a thing of the past?

I much preffer up-to-date, on-line, searchable docs that I can fix
when they're wrong to whatever was thrown together "because we've got
to ship something" when the packaged binary was created.

I *do* take advantage of the debian local docs, (in
/usr/share/doc/<packagename>) but generally that's the last resort.
(Well, before looking at the source.)

-Rogan