[PLUG] listing of --bind mounts

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu Aug 24 16:22:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 09:11 -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> How do I get a listing of the 'submounts' (?) those mounts done using
> the --bind switch?
>
> It appears I'm clueless on this but I have RFTM or at least the man page
> for the mount command but still don't see a method.
>
> All I'm seeing is the regular mounts; partitions, nfs, etc.

Mine shows 'bind' in the mount-option field of the 'mount' command:

$ mount|grep bind
/home on /net/rheingold/home type none (rw,bind)
/var/ftp on /net/rheingold/var/ftp type none (rw,bind)

(This is some cleverness on automount's part, since it's not generally
possible to mount an NFS export from the same machine that's exporting
it.  The bind mount puts it in the right place so the NFS server doesn't
have to be a special case.)

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc>