[PLUG] listing of --bind mounts

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Aug 24 17:14:58 UTC 2006

Wil Cooley wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 09:11 -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>
>>How do I get a listing of the 'submounts' (?) those mounts done using
>>the --bind switch?
>>
>>It appears I'm clueless on this but I have RFTM or at least the man page
>>for the mount command but still don't see a method.
>>
>>All I'm seeing is the regular mounts; partitions, nfs, etc.
>

> Mine shows 'bind' in the mount-option field of the 'mount' command:
>
> $ mount|grep bind
> /home on /net/rheingold/home type none (rw,bind)
> /var/ftp on /net/rheingold/var/ftp type none (rw,bind)
>
> (This is some cleverness on automount's part, since it's not generally
> possible to mount an NFS export from the same machine that's exporting
> it.  The bind mount puts it in the right place so the NFS server doesn't
> have to be a special case.)

Thanks Wil.  This doesn't show on my setup.  It is a little different.
A Linux-Vserver with a nfs mount in the host to a fileserver and then
some Vserver magic to get a portion ( sub-directory ) of that mount into
each Vserver guest.

I have a message to the Linux-Vserver list but sometimes they are slow
to respond to the list as most are in Europe and do a lot of the work
via chat.

Again thanks,
Rod