[PLUG] new laptop

Bruce Kilpatrick bakilpatrick at verizon.net
Mon Dec 4 21:46:08 UTC 2006

I recently bought my wife a new laptop.  It is an HP dv6125om with an
AMD 64 X2 TL-50.  It has NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA) using 128M of
shared memory.  I wiped the hard drive and installed Kubuntu Edgy...

I have done some research and come up with all kinds of instructions on
how to install NVIDIA graphic drivers, but none that seem to work.  I
used Adept to download and install nvidida-glx.
nvidia-common-kernel(sp?) was already installed.  I rebooted and tried
to follow the directions in Adept..."sudo nvidia-glx-config enable" and
got the response..."unable to load nvidia kernel driver!  Be sure to
have installed the nvidia driver for your running kernel."

uname -a reports

moose 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP Fri Oct 13 15:34:39 UTC 2006 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am thinking that you have had this discussion in the recent past.  Can
someone point me to proper instructions, or the past discussion (I
couldn't find in a quick search of the archives), or point out what I
did wrong or didn't do, please?

Thanks,

Bruce