[PLUG] Linux XP...

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 07:15:31 UTC 2006

On 12/1/06, someone <plug_0 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> It appears to be built on top of Mandriva Linux.  It bothers me because
> the outfit promoting it requires the purchase of a EULA.  How can anyone
> slap a EULA on a Linux system?

Sections B and C of the EULA outline the distinction between the GPL
software provided with the distribution, and the non-gpl software --
I'd guess that the window manager is some in-house product, possibly a
fork of an apache-licensed WM.

Assuming they haven't patched any of the GPL utilities, (and further
assuming, that if they have, the modified source isn't available on
their site somewhere) then I think what they are doing is within the
constraints of the GPL. (and of course, I'm no lawyer etc...)

--Rogan