[PLUG] Damned small and waterproof USB drives

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Dec 9 02:46:54 UTC 2006

A few months ago, I was grousing about the lack of waterproof USB
drives.  I found one:

http://www.kingmaxdigi.com/news/news_product/news_p20051114.htm

The Kingmax Superstick drive is tiny - a little blade as big as
the middle of a USB connector, and about 3 centimeters long, and
claims to be waterproof.  I met a friend the other day with a
few of these on a necklace, and I can imagine some artistic type
painting them with interesting patterns and making "art".  I
ordered a couple from overstock.com.  They also claim to have
them at the local P.C. Club stores.

One will get a washing machine test, and then I will keep both in
my wallet to see how long they last.

Keith