[PLUG] Run a simple script at KDE startup

Denis Heidtmann denish at dslnorthwest.net
Tue Dec 12 00:41:51 UTC 2006

I spoke to soon.  The hardware is fine.  A dual-boot to Windows ME shows that
the system can in fact power-down the monitor under program control.

Anybody have ideas of where to look? xset dpms force off does not power the
monitor off--it merely blanks the screen.  There are many comments on dpms
problems in KDE and Gnome, but none seem to be inability to power the monitor
off--they deal with the time of inactivity and how to set it.

-Denis