[PLUG] Wide-screen monitors

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Wed Dec 13 16:37:46 UTC 2006

m0gely wrote:
>> As I understand it, LCD monitors have what is known as a Native resolution.
>> This is the resolution they are designed to run. If you run in any other
>> resolution, you are really just compromising, and forcing the monitor to do
>> something it's not designed to do.
>
> Isn't that what he just said?  He was asking how to achieve the proper
> resolution.

Yes the original post did say that.  The OP was asking how to change _whatever_ so
other resolutions would look good.  Russ is stating that is not possible.

Native Resolution == As good as that monitor gets (hopefully great)
Anything Else == Sending your eyes to cacaville

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity