[PLUG] Domain Registrar Recommendations?

Pomeroy Lab admin at mindblowingidea.com
Fri Dec 15 23:37:11 UTC 2006

OK I have had a lot of problems with 1&1.com riping me off and stealing $100+ of my money and my bank was helpless to stop them. I have been with Godaddy.com and yes to begin with they are good but know nothing about keeping their servers going. GEOCITIES from yahoo knows what they are doing

Galen Seitz <galens at seitzassoc.com> wrote: Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I just received a notice that my domain name registration expires next
> March. The notice is from DomainDiscover and I've not before known of them.
> They must have bought the provider I last used (and I don't recall who that
> was because it was four or more years ago that I renewed.)
>
>   There was an issue with GoDaddy.com not long ago if I remember correctly.
> If folks here have recommendations on registrars I'll start the switch
> after
> the first of the year. That should give them sufficient time to pry the
> registration from DomainDiscover and put it in their database.
>
> Rich

I went through this exercise not too long ago.  I ended up choosing
dynadot.com.  The only thing I didn't like about them was that they
were in an EV1 net block, which led me to believe they were EV1
customers.  I also considered gandi.net, but decided to stay on
the continent.  I remember looking at domaindiscover, but I don't
remember why they didn't make the cut.

galen