[PLUG] SysAdmin Question: cron.daily

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Dec 16 17:15:19 UTC 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> So it will run from /etc/crontab but not from /etc/cron.daily? Odd.

Paul,

   It would not run. Period. Reading the script I see that it calls
pflogsumm.pl (which lives as /usr/local/bin/pflogsumm), but that was missing
the perl Date::Calc module. How, when, and why that got lost I've no idea.

   But, I used CPAN to get, build, and install that module (and some
dependencies that went AWOL), and I'm trying it now.

Thanks,