[PLUG] Problems vmware player...

someone plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Mon Dec 18 09:38:10 UTC 2006

Vmware Workstation 5.5, when I ran Warcraft in an XP Home virtual
machine, would stretch Warcraft to fit the screen.  In player same
virtual image when I expand to full screen, no stretching at all.
Is there any way to achieve the same behavior in player that I saw
in workstation?  I don't know if Workstation actually stretched
Warcraft to fit the screen or if it dropped the screen to 640x480
resolution in full screen mode.

I can change the resolution of X via "ctrl alt -," but this isn't
the greatest work around.  It lowers the resolution, but shoves part
of the current desktop off screen.  Nothing like having to scroll your
virtual machine back on screen and refocus on it.  I wish with vmware
player I could lock to the virtual machine window so that hitting the
edge causes the virtual machine to scroll instead of kicking me out onto
the host system.

Has anyone else had problems getting the same result with player that
they experienced with workstation?

Player ideally is workstation without the option to create new
virtual machines.  Sadly, it appears to be a lot less than that.

   Michael C. Robinson