[PLUG] WipeInfo Equivalent

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Wed Dec 20 00:31:05 UTC 2006

I have a client with a couple of XP machines who want me to swap them
around and do a fancy erase on the old files. I did this for them a few
years ago when the machines they had were Win98. At that time I used
Norton Wipe Info, but the version I have won't run on XP.

Is there an equivalent tool I could run from a Knoppix CD that will work
on the XP file system, or am I stuck having to go buy the current
version of Norton Utilities? (The client is happy to pay for it. I'm
just annoyed at having to go buy an upgrade copy.)

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens