[PLUG] WipeInfo Equivalent

tonyr tonyr at hevanet.com
Wed Dec 20 02:08:34 UTC 2006

Note that XP uses NTFS. Linux has been weak in NTFS read/write
support until recently (ntfs-3g). The last thing I read about ntfs-3g
was that is was still in beta. Norton Wipe Info seems to be able
to handle directories (recursive, depth-first wipe?). I don't see the same
facility in 'shred' (single files only?) just looking at the command line
options, but I guess you could use 'find' to duplicate that.

- tony