[PLUG] Offsite (& offline) backup storage in PDX?

John Julian jjulian at laika.com
Wed Dec 20 18:18:33 UTC 2006

>Anyone know of a reputable, secure offsite backup storage facility near
>downtown Portland?  (Offline is currently preferable to online, even if
>we have to transport the backups there ourselves...).

Hi Jim.

We use Iron Mountain here at Laika.  They are worldwide,  but have a local facility here in Portland.

Not sure on pricing, but I heard it is about $100 if you need to retrieve a tape outside of your normal schedule.

Check out:  ironmountain.com

Hope this helps!

John Julian
Systems Administrator