[PLUG] old Redhat releases gone...

someone plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Thu Dec 21 03:42:57 UTC 2006

I've noticed my archives for Redhat 9 are missing the source code.
I also want to make sure I have all the updates for Redhat 6.2,
Redhat 7.3, and Redhat 9.  The latter are the older releases
that I'm maintaining.  I have all the updates for Redhat 7.3 and
I appear to have them for Redhat 6.2, but not Redhat 9.

Has Redhat dumped all pre Fedora releases from their ftp servers?

With Fedora releasing at such a rapid rate, how can one keep their
own ftp or NFS Fedora archive up to date?  How do you create your own
yum mirror?  So far, I'm only putting the odd numbered Fedora releases
on my ftp site.  It would help as far as updates if Fedora legacy
would periodically rerelease older Fedora releases with the updates
worked into them.  Instead of maintaining updates with releases, one
could host the most recent rerelease.  This would save space.  A patch
against the last iso could used to update to a rerelease reducing the
amount one has to download.  At the pace that Fedora replaces itself,
rerelease patches could save a lot of bandwidth.

     --  Michael C. Robinson