[PLUG] Separating out MySQL and Apache to different boxes?

Tim Garton garton.tim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 16:51:43 UTC 2006

Rich,
    To answer your question, I was thinking more in terms of the load and
response time on each box, but you make a good point.

Michael,
    To answer your question, the servers are identical.

I will have to figure out if one server can support the entire group of
apps.  My guess is yes in which case I like the idea of replicating
everything on both and having one for production, one for testing/dev that
can provide failover if the other dies.  I'll have to look at the load on
the other miscellaneous boxes to see if one server can handle it all first
though.  Thanks for the advice.

Tim